Slips, Trips and Falls in the Workplace
Slipping and Tripping accidents are the most common type of employment accidents in the United Kingdom. In most case’s employees are injured through no fault of their own. Most slipping or tripping accidents could have been prevented, if employers had fulfilled their legal obligations to make sure that employees were safe their jobs. These obligations include:
- Maintaining a clean workplace which is free from spillages or trip hazards
- Providing staff with appropriate safety footwear.
- Carrying out Risk Assessments to identify when and where trips and slips happen and how they can be prevented.
- Training staff to clean up spillages that they have made and to place warning signs around a spillage.
If you believe that your employer may not have taken all the steps necessary to have prevented your accident, then The Claims Partnership can help you. We win around 90% of our client’s claims for slipping and tripping accidents at work.
Common causes of Slipping and Tripping Accidents
- Spillages and leaks from machinery or ceilings.
- Spillages and puddles created by careless work colleagues.
- Wet floors, including floors that have recently been mopped.
- Slipping on food or litter left on the floor, particularly in kitchens and communal areas.
- Uneven work floors, with holes, potholes or hard to see edges and steps.
- Ice and snow.
- Trailing ropes or cables.
- Untidy workplaces.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Slipping and Tripping Injury Statistics
29% of all work accidents in 2017, were caused by slipping, tripping or falling accidents.
Almost 111,000 people reported a non-fatal injury as a result of slip, trip or fall in 2017.
Almost half of the 111,000 people injured had to take over a week off work to recover from their injury.