Back and Neck Injury Claims & Compensation Preston
Back and Neck Injury accidents are some of the most common injuries that happen in the workplace. They can also be some of the most disabling and difficult to treat. When a worker suffers a serious injury to his neck or back, it is almost always impossible to clinically repair the damage to the spine.
Employers are subject to strict rules and regulations to prevent back and neck injuries arising at work. Each employer must look at every aspect of a worker’s job to consider whether that job involves a risk of a back or neck injury occurring. If they identify a risk, they must do everything they possibly can to prevent a back or neck injury. This includes proper and thorough training in lifting techniques, including refresher training every two years or so.
An employer must also provide appropriate lifting aids and other equipment to prevent too much strain being placed on a worker’s spine. This includes adequate support and training for co-workers.
Common causes of Back and Neck Injuries:
- A worker is required to lift a load which is too heavy (usually over 20 kg).
- A worker is required to twist, stoop and bend whilst carrying a load, even if the weight is relatively light.
- A worker is required to lift a load above his shoulders, resulting in a neck injury.
- A worker is required to carry out a two man lift on his or her own.
- An employer has not provided a worker with adequate lifting equipment.
- A worker is required to carry out hundreds of small lifts routinely throughout the working week, resulting in a cumulative back or neck injury.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high-quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at email@example.com or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.
Back and Neck Injury Statistics.
- In 2015/16 there were 214,000 cases of work-related neck and back injuries.
- Male workers aged 45 and over are most likely to develop back and neck injuries.
- Reports from General Practitioners suggest that 36% of all work related injuries dealt with by them include the back and neck.
- The industries with the highest prevalence of back and neck injuries are Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, Construction, Transportation, Storage and Postal/Delivery industries.
- There were almost 3.5 million working days lost in 2015/16, as a result of workers suffering from back and neck injuries.
- In the Transportation, Storage and Construction industries, 1% of all the workforce suffered a back or neck injury in 2015/16.
- You are most likely to develop a back or neck injury if you work in a skilled trade such as a motor mechanic or bricklayer.