Driving at Work & Forklift Accidents
Thousands of UK workers drive vehicles as part of their job. These workers include fork lift truck operators, HGV drivers, as well as car and motorcycle drivers. If you drive a vehicle, then that vehicle is not only a piece of work equipment, but in many cases is regarded by the law as being your workplace. It has to be very safe.
All work vehicles need to be maintained, driven and loaded safely. If they are not, then an employer will be liable for any accident that happens.
Common Causes of Driving at Work Accidents
- An employee’s car or motorcycle is involved in a collision on the road.
- A load falls from a truck or trailer.
- A forklift truck or other vehicle collides with a pedestrian worker.
- A forklift truck or Reach Truck topples over.
- A forklift truck or Reach Truck collides with another object or fixture.
- An employee slips or trips whilst unloading a trailer.
- A load drops onto an employee’s hand arm or feet, whilst unloading a trailer or van.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Driving at Work Accident Statistics
- In 2015/16, 27 workers were killed in the UK by a moving vehicle.
- Non-fatal driving accidents at work account for only 2% of all non-fatal accidents to employees.
- The industry with the worst record for vehicle injury rates is Water and Waste Transport and Storage.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at email@example.com or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.