Driving at work & forklift accident claims
Thousands of people all across the UK drive a vehicle of some sort as part of their job. This ranges from forklift truck operators in warehouses and factories and HGV drivers, to people behind the wheel of cars and motorcycle drivers.
If this applies to you, and you drive a vehicle in relation to your job, then that vehicle is not only a piece of work equipment. In many cases it is regarded by the law as being part of your workplace. And for this reason it has to be very safe.
Driving at work accidents are often caused by inadequate levels of training being given to staff. However, there are numerous other factors that can contribute, for example, poor forklift maintenance.
All work vehicles, no matter what size they are and what purpose they serve, needs to be maintained, loaded and driven safely. Otherwise an employer could be held liable for any accident that occurs.
Driving at work accident statistics
- In 2015/16, 27 workers were killed in the UK by a moving vehicle
- Non-fatal driving accidents at work account for only 2% of all non-fatal accidents to employees
- The industry with the worst record for vehicle injury rates is ‘Water and Waste Transport and Storage’
Examples of driving at work accidents
- An employee’s car or motorcycle is involved in a road collision
- A load falls from a trailer or truck
- A forklift truck or other lifting vehicle collides with a pedestrian worker
- A forklift or reach truck overturns
- A forklift or reach truck collides with a fixture or another vehicle
- An employee slips or trips while unloading a trailer
- A heavy load drops onto an employee’s hand or foot while unloading
How can we help?
Here at The Claims Partnership, we pride ourselves in treating each and every one of our clients with the integrity and respect they deserve. No matter what case you bring to us, if we accept it we will always fight your corner. Our goal is to provide terrific value and a high quality claims service each and every time.
Our promise on costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim
For Personal Injury claims we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also assist with any rehabilitation needs that you may have.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please Contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at email@example.com or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.
Driving at Work Accident Statistics
- In 2015/16, 27 workers were killed in the UK by a moving vehicle.
- Non-fatal driving accidents at work account for only 2% of all non-fatal accidents to employees.
- The industry with the worst record for vehicle injury rates is Water and Waste Transport and Storage.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.