Nursing Error Claims
Nurses and the care they provide is a cornerstone of all clinical services provided by the NHS, as well as hospitals and surgeries in the private sector, all across the country. Without these medical professionals, none of these services would be able to function. The number and range of tasks carried out each day – accompanied by increasing pressure on our NHS – it is unfortunately inevitable that mistakes and occasional oversights will occur.
When this does happen, and a patient suffers an additional injury or complication that could have been avoided, then they could be entitled to make a nursing error claim for compensation.
That’s where we can help. The Claims Partnership has a wide range of experience in dealing with nursing mistakes and errors, both in the NHS and in the private and care home sector.
Common nursing errors
There are many different kinds of nursing errors, but these problems usually occur from a fall in the standard of care provided. Common negligent actions that can cause injury or distress to the patient include:
- Failing to properly monitor a patient for a developing condition
- Mistakes relating to treatments or medication
- Failure to carry out routine procedures properly e.g. fall risk assessments
- Misuse of medical equipment or devices
- Failing to carry out a doctor’s instructions
- Failing to escalate a patient’s care to a senior clinician
- Failing to adequately record patient information
- Failing to respond to a patient’s health deterioration
- Failing to assess specific health indicators in a timely manner e.g. vitals, blood pressure, blood sugar