Trips and Slips Claims
If you have slipped, tripped or fallen over in some way in a public place, then you may be able to claim compensation against the owner of the building or land, provided the area is dangerous in some way.
If the slip or trip happens on a pavement, road or public area such as a park, then it will usually be the local Council who are responsible for maintaining the area.
Trip and slip accidents also happen in shops, restaurants and petrol station forecourts. In these circumstances, it is possible to claim against the owners of the business.
It is usually easier to bring a successful claim against a private landowner such as a restaurant or supermarket, then it is against a local council.
Frequently in slipping and tripping accidents there is a finding of contributory negligence, meaning that the person who has fallen and injured themselves has partly caused or ‘contributed’ to the accident by not looking where they were going or by not taking sufficient care for their own safety.
At The Claims Partnership, we have had a great deal of success in prosecuting claims, even where it has been clear that our clients have contributed towards the accident through their own carelessness, such as looking at a mobile phone.
Some common causes of Slip and Trip Accidents
- A spillage of liquid like water or petrol on the floor of a supermarket or forecourt.
- A pothole in the road.
- A raised pavement flag or broken kerbstone.
- A pothole or missing grid or cover on a carpark.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our client anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our client’s before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Trip and Slip Statistics
- Each year approximately 1,750 people die as a result of an accidental fall both inside and outside of the home.
- The odds each year on any particular individual being involved in a falling accident are 1 in 55.
- The age bands with the most likely prospect of being involved in a fall is the 0 to 4 age group.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.