Solicitor Negligence Compensation Claims North West
Solicitors are required to provide the highest standards of administration and clarity of communication. All Solicitors are required to carry professional indemnity insurance, which covers their clients should they make a mistake in their administration. If you think that your Solicitor has not done their job properly, then we will be happy to advise you and assist you with a claim against them.
This usually involves obtaining your file of papers from your previous Solicitor, carrying out a forensic examination of that file, before considering whether there has been a shortfall in the Solicitors service, as well as considering whether you have lost any money as a result of those failings.
Common Mistakes Made by Solicitors
- Missing a court deadline or a limitation date in a Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence claim.
- Making a mistake when buying or selling property.
- Giving incorrect or false advice.
- Not following your instructions.
- Advising you to accept an offer of money which is below what you are entitled to.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Dispute Resolution services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our client anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our client’s before we start work on their claim.
Please see our page Dispute Resolution Costs for more details or contact us on 01772 562084, or by any of the Quick Links on this page.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at email@example.com or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.