Brain & Head Injury Compensation Claims
Head and brain injuries are often the most worrying kind of accident. Lives can be turned upside down, not just for the individual, but their family too.
The sad truth is that the vast majority of head and brain injuries in the workplace are often avoidable if an employer takes the proper precautions and complies with their legal responsibilities. This could be as basic as issuing the correct protective headgear; even the simplest precautions can prevent serious injury.
Here at The Claims Partnership, we understand how much a brain injury can have a dramatic impact on your life. Our expert head injury solicitors appreciate the difficult time that you are going through, and will handle your case delicately and with respect from our first meeting through to its conclusion. We will always give you the support and guidance you deserve.
Common causes of head and brain injuries
- Being hit by a falling object
- A collision with a workplace vehicle e.g. a tractor or forklift truck
- A slip, trip or fall
- A fall from height
Head and brain injury facts
- Concussion is the most common type of brain injury
- The second most common injury is a closed head injury, where the skull is not fractured
- Penetrating brain injuries are the most serious, as an object has fractured the skull and entered the brain tissue
- Diffuse brain injuries happen when the head is shaken and the brain movies within the skull. This can result in damage to different areas of the brain
- The most serious brain injuries are brain contusions. This is where the skulls cracks or breaks and a fragment presses or penetrates the brain tissue