NHS Delay Compensation Claims North West
Within the NHS’s own Constitution and its Referral to Treatment Pledges, the National Health Service has made a promise to patients about waiting times for operations and treatment. This promise applies to the amount of time a patient has to wait between the date of a referral for treatment and the date of the treatment itself.
No patient in the NHS should wait for longer than 18 weeks, between the date upon which the referral was sent and the date upon which they were treated.
Unfortunately, the crisis in the NHS (and in particular the shortage of beds) means that the NHS frequently fails to meet its own pledges and patients have to wait more than 18 weeks to start their treatment. Where this happens, the NHS is in breach of its own Constitution and, in our view, must compensate those patients.
At The Claims Partnership, we can present an NHS negligence claim to the National Health Service, based upon a delay in treatment. NHS negligence compensation awards vary according to the condition suffered by the patient and the amount of additional pain and distress caused by the delay. However, as a rough and ready indication, The Claims Partnership have been settling claims for short delays in treatment for our clients for sums of between £1000 and £2000.
If you think that your treatment has been subject to an unreasonable delay of more than 18 weeks, then please feel free to contact us. We would be very happy to help and advise.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then our NHS medical negligence solicitors will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Medical Negligence Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our client anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our client’s before we start work on their claim.
For our NHS Delay Claims service, we guarantee all our clients will receive a minimum of 60% of the compensation we negotiate for them, if successful.
Please see our page Clinical Negligence and Cosmetic Surgery Claim Costs for more details or contact us on 01772 562084, or by any of the Quick Links on this page.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
NHS Delay Helpful Information
- A referral is a an instruction from your General Practitioner, Dentist or Hospital Doctor for medical treatment, such as an operation or physiotherapy.
- A referral is usually contained within a letter and sent through an NHS service known as the Choose and Book Service.
- The 18-week period starts to run from the day the referral letter is submitted to the Choose and Book service. Alternatively, you may be required to book your own appointment through the Choose and Book Service. If this happens, then the 18 week period starts to run from that date.
- If you miss an appointment or diagnostic test, then this stops the 18-week clock from ticking.
If you think you have been subject to a delay of 18 weeks or more, we can help you investigate this and advise you as to the actual period of delay, as well as presenting your claim to the NHS on a No Win/No Fee basis. Please feel free to call us on 01772 562084 or contact us via any of the Quick Links on this page.