What To Do If You Have An Accident At Work
What to do if you have been involved in an Accident at Work
- Make sure that the accident is reported. Firstly inform your Supervisor or Line Manager and request that they record the accident in the Accident at Work book.
- Make sure that the description of the accident in the Accident at Work book is correct and records your version of events, not your Supervisor’s or your Line Manager’s.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, including any broken work equipment, spillage, broken workplace floor or package.
- If the package has a weight on it, make sure you have a clear photograph showing the weight of the package that was being carried.
- Speak to work colleagues to clarify with them what happened and if they can act as a witness. Keep a record of their contact details even if they do not wish to act as a witness to your claim.
- If your injury is serious or lasts for more than a few days, visit a Walk-in centre, Hospital or your General Practitioner.