Fall at Work Claims & Compensation
Slipping or falling at work represent the most common type of employment accident in the United Kingdom, and many of these incidents justify pursuing a fall at work claim. In most cases, employees are injured through no fault of their own. Most slipping or tripping accidents could have been prevented if employers had fulfilled their legal obligations to make sure that employees were safe when carrying out their jobs.
To prevent slips and falls at work, employers should take specific actions:
- Maintain a clean workplace that’s free from spillages or trip hazards that could lead to falls at work.
- Provide employees with appropriate safety footwear to reduce the risk of slips and trips.
- Conduct thorough Risk Assessments to identify potential trip hazards and implement preventive measures to avoid accidents.
- Train staff to promptly clean up any spillages and place warning signs around the affected areas.
If you have experienced a fall at work or have slipped at work and suspect that your employer might not have taken all the necessary precautions to prevent the accident, The Claims Partnership can provide assistance. With a success rate of approximately 90% when winning claims for slipping and tripping accidents at work, we are here to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Common causes of slips, trips and falls at work
- Spillages and leaks from machinery or ceilings.
- Spillages and puddles created by careless work colleagues.
- Wet floors, including floors that have recently been mopped.
- Slipping on food or litter left on the floor, particularly in kitchens and communal areas.
- Uneven work floors, with holes, potholes or hard to see edges and steps.
- Ice and snow.
- Tripping hazards from trailing ropes or cables.
- Untidy workplaces with clutter and obstructions.