Fall from Height Accident Compensation Claims
The most dangerous work activity is Working at Height, including working on ladders, scaffolds or other platform. Falls from height account for 25% of all fatal accidents and in 2015/16, 37 workers were killed when they fell from height.
Even when a worker survives, the injuries are frequently very serious and there can be many tough challenges for workers who are seriously injured in a fall from height. These include loss of wages, permanent disability and a restriction in future earning capacity.
These risks mean that employers should take extra care to minimise suit the lowest possible level any risk of a fall from height. If they have not done so, then they will be responsible for the accident and will need to pay the injured worker compensation.
Our experience at The Claims Partnership is that there are very few falls from height which could not have been avoided had the employer taken the proper precautions. We are vastly experienced at this type of claim and you can trust us to bring about a successful outcome. Put simply, if your claim is there to be won, then we will win it for you and make sure that you receive the fullest amount of compensation possible.
Common Causes of Injuries whilst Working at Height
- An employer requires their employee to use a ladder to access a job, when a cherry picker or scaffold could have been used.
- The scaffold upon which the worker was working was weak or insecure.
- The equipment upon which a worker is working malfunctions.
- A worker is hit by another falling object, which should have been secured or held safe by a co-worker.
- A worker has not been issued with proper protective equipment, such as a hard hat or harness.
- The workplace contains unprotected sides or wall openings.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Fall from Height Statistics
- In 2015/16, 18 people were killed in Fall from Height accidents in the Construction sector.
- In 2015/16, 7 people lost their lives in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing sectors
- In 2015/16, 4 workers lost their lost their lives in falls from height in manufacturing.
- In 2015/16 37,000 workers were injured, but not killed in falls from height.
- On average each worker that fell from height lost almost 10 working days in 2015/16.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please Contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.