Needle Injury Accident at Work Claims in Lancashire
Needlestick and sharps injuries usually occur in the Clinical and Care sectors. At The Claims Partnership, we take the view that they can never be an excuse on the part of an employer, if one of their employees suffers from a needlestick injury. We say this because we consider that an employer is responsible even if the accident happens because of the careless actions of its own employee’s. It is an argument we put forcibly to employers and has given us a 100% success record when bringing Needlestick Injury claims in partnership with our clients.
Thankfully, most needlestick injuries do not result in the development of a blood borne disorder such as Tetanus or HIV. However, the worry or threat of developing such problems can often lead to the victim suffering serious psychological worries, leading to depression, increased anxiety or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. We have negotiated settlements of over £10,000 for our clients who have suffered only from psychological distress and have not developed any other clinical disorder.
Common Causes of Needlestick Accidents and Injuries
- An employer fails to provide proper training for its staff in relation to the use and disposal of sharps and needle sticks.
- There are in adequate sharps bins provided throughout the workplace or clinical environment.
- The administering clinician fails to dispose of the needlestick safely.
- The used needlestick or sharp is placed in an ordinary waste bin.
- Employers who require their employees to work in dangerous locations, used by intravenous drug users, fail to risk assess the danger, to clear an area or issue their staff with adequate protective clothing.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Needle stick Injury Statistics
- Nursing professionals are most at risk of a needlestick injury, closely followed by other medical and dental professionals.
- The last case of an HIV infection through a needlestick injury was reported in 1999.
- Between 2008 and 2011 there were just 5 reported exposures to the Hepatitis C virus by health care workers involved in needlestick injuries.
If you would like to discuss your claim or how we can help you, please Contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.