Slips, Trips and Falls in the Workplace
Slipping and Tripping accidents are the most common type of employment accidents in the United Kingdom. In most case’s employees are injured through no fault of their own. Most slipping or tripping accidents could have been prevented, if employers had fulfilled their legal obligations to make sure that employees were safe their jobs. These obligations include:
- Maintaining a clean workplace which is free from spillages or trip hazards
- Providing staff with appropriate safety footwear.
- Carrying out Risk Assessments to identify when and where trips and slips happen and how they can be prevented.
- Training staff to clean up spillages that they have made and to place warning signs around a spillage.
If you believe that your employer may not have taken all the steps necessary to have prevented your accident, then The Claims Partnership can help you. We win around 90% of our client’s claims for slipping and tripping accidents at work.
Common causes of Slipping and Tripping Accidents
- Spillages and leaks from machinery or ceilings.
- Spillages and puddles created by careless work colleagues.
- Wet floors, including floors that have recently been mopped.
- Slipping on food or litter left on the floor, particularly in kitchens and communal areas.
- Uneven work floors, with holes, potholes or hard to see edges and steps.
- Ice and snow.
- Trailing ropes or cables.
- Untidy workplaces.