Pedestrian Accident Claims
In the UK, a pedestrian is injured by a motor vehicle every few minutes. More worryingly, each day, a pedestrian is killed or seriously injured every two hours.
Pedestrian accident claims are some of the most difficult and challenging cases that The Claims Partnership have to deal with. Many of these accidents are completely avoidable and involve a disproportionate number of children and elderly victims.
At The Claims Partnership, we do not just investigate the physical injuries that our clients suffer. We know that the psychological aspect of the accident is sometimes as bad as the physical pain. Pedestrian accident victims frequently develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or other psychological problems. As a result, we routinely have our clients assessed by a Consultant Psychiatrist to investigate this aspect of their injuries, as well as arranging for therapy and counselling, where it is needed.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
- Driver distraction. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Survey estimated that driver distraction was involved in 78% of all pedestrian accidents.
- Poor visibility – Up to 70% of pedestrian accidents occur at night time.
- Drunk driving – Alcohol or drug involvement was reported in 48% of traffic accidents that resulted in a pedestrian being killed in 2009.
- Poor Road design – Dangerous road crossings without suitable pedestrian safeguards are hot spots for pedestrian accidents.
- A failure to allow a pedestrian the right of way. Pedestrians have the right of way whilst crossing streets, in both marked and unmarked crossing areas.
How can we help?
At The Claims Partnership, we are dedicated to working in your best interests and to providing a great value and high quality pedestrian injury claims service. We treat our clients with integrity and fight their corner. We feel confident enough in our skills and experience to say that if it is legally possible to win your claim – then we will win it for you.
Our Partnership Promise on Costs
At The Claims Partnership, we have three simple rules which apply to our Personal Injury Claims services. They also apply to all the other services we offer.
- We never charge our clients anything until the day they receive their compensation payment.
- We guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum percentage of the compensation they are awarded.
- We will agree that minimum percentage with our clients before we start work on their claim.
For our Personal Injury Claims service, we guarantee that all our clients will receive a minimum of 70% of the compensation we negotiate for them.
We can also help you with any medical or Rehabilitation needs that you have. Please see our Rehabilitation page.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- 398 pedestrians were killed in the UK in 2013. 24,000 other pedestrians were either slightly or seriously injured.
- 89% of pedestrian fatalities occurred during normal weather conditions.
- 73% of pedestrian fatalities occur in urban areas.
- Male pedestrians are twice as likely to be killed as female pedestrians.
- 32% of all pedestrian deaths occurred between 8 pm and midnight.
If you would like to discuss your pedestrian accident claim or how we can help you, please contact us by phone on 01772 562084, by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the Quick Contact Forms on this page. We don’t charge. We are never in a rush and we’re happy to help you as much as we can.